Welcome to our services of praise as we celebrate the presence of Jesus in our lives! We offer a variety of worship styles so that each of us may worship in a meaningful way.
Our regular schedule is listed below. There are occasional changes and additional services, especially on days like Christmas and Easter. Any changes or additional services will be posted right here on this page.
We are an active, growing congregation of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.
We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of Scripture. We agree with Martin Luther, who taught that our salvation comes from "grace alone, faith alone, and scripture alone."
We believe you'll find King of Kings to be a warm, caring congregation of God's people committed to Biblical, Christ-centered ministry. We hope you'll join with us as we seek to know Christ and to make Him known.
Visiting King of Kings
We'd love to have you with us! Visiting any church for the first time can be a little intimidating. Hopefully, many of your questions are answered below, and your first visit with us can be relaxing and enjoyable.
- While we're delighted that you're visiting our website, we hope you'll drop in and be our guest sometime at worship or at any of the other activities that may have caught your interest. Come, be our guest.
- You are welcome to come as you are to either of our service.
- The worship times may vary on church holidays such as Easter and Christmas. Check the front page of our website for those announcements.
As the services start we have greeters at the entrance to the sanctuary and ushers to give you a bulletin and to help you find a seat. The ushers will also be able to help you with large print bulletins.
There is plenty of seating available in the sanctuary. Sit wherever you like, there aren't any reserved seats. (Though occasionally the ushers will rope off a pew or two when necessary. Please avoid those.)
We celebrate Holy Communion on alternating Sundays, and we welcome all baptized Christians who believe that Jesus Christ is present in this Sacrament and that forgiveness of sins is given in it. The ushers will direct you, and your children are welcome to accompany you to receive a blessing.
Guests are never singled out or embarrassed. We won't ask you to stand or wear a name tag or anything like that.
You don't have to pay anything. We don't expect our guests to put anything in the offering plate. Our members and regular attenders freely give to support our ministries.
- We have child care during all services with a staffed nursery room for infants and toddlers.
- For older children (4 year olds - 2nd graders) we have Children's Church programs. At our 11:00 service children are dismissed prior to the adult sermon. If you prefer, you may certainly have your children remain with you in the sanctuary. Ask the ushers if you need help or directions.
Our Sunday Morning Worship
8:15 a.m. LITURGY OF PRAISE -- At our 8:15 service you will experience a wonderful blend of hymns and classical style of music with beautiful poetic spoken portions and readings. We lift our praise and worship to God with adult and children choirs, congregational singing. Our instrumentalists bring joy through the piano, organ and bells. This service is rich with Lutheran history that is relevant for our world today. Holy Communion is celebrated the second, fourth, and fifth Sundays of each month.
11:00 a.m. PRAISE ALIVE! -- Our 11:00 service is led by our worship band. Guitars, keyboards and drums set the tone for our uplifting praise to our God. Drama and video are additional ways we experience the services message. This service brings a modern sound with a relevant messages for our community and problems of today. Holy Communion is celebrated the first, third, and fifth Sundays of each month.
Our Sunday Morning Education
9:45 a.m. CHRISTIAN EDUCATION TIME -- We also offer Sunday School for ages 3 through 6th grade, junior high and high school Bible classes, as well as adult classes each Sunday morning.
We also offer a Nuer Language Service on the Second and Fourth Sundays of every month at 1:00 PM. This service is led by Pastor Matthew Both.
18207 108th Ave SE
Renton WA 98055
Getting here by car is easy. Check our directions and map for help. We are 1 block south of the Fred Meyer on Benson.
- There is plenty of parking available. We have several spots marked for "Visitors" that you can use, and there are handicapped spots near the front doors.
- The building is fully wheelchair-accessible, and the ushers or members will be glad to assist you.
- Finding your way around the church is pretty easy. The ushers (or anyone, really), will be glad to give you directions. As you come in the main south entrance, you'll see our Welcome Center where you can find a variety of information.
- Everyone is welcome. We welcome people of all ages, races, nationalities, ethnic groups, and whatever your place in life.
Getting here by bus is also pretty easy, and the bus stop (routes 163 and 169) is right in front.